Monday, July 30, 2007

Nice weekend...

Hi,

I had a very nice weekend. Well, not because Deepthi had left for her hometown, poor thing had some fever. I had a good time because I did not spend it lonely. Normally, before marriage, I would spend the weekends and holidays rather gloomily keeping to myself. But this time I somehow did not want to be lonely. On Saturday I wanted to cook food (well if you call whatever I cook food), but then cooking and eating alone would be rather boring. So I called Rana home and we had the meal together. I made Bhendi fry and Toor Dal and Rana seemed to have enjoyed it. We watched the movie 'Big Daddy' together and in the afternoon we had discussion about general things in life, what should life be like, importance of spirituality, etc etc. And then I took Rana to the theatre class and he thoroughly enjoyed it. We had dinner with Ratan (the intructor) & Co after the class and left for home at around 1 O' clock. If only the traffic police had not caught us and asked for documents etc, I would have gone to sleep much more happily.

Sunday I called up Vivek and invited him for lunch. This time, my Aloo fry seemed to be getting spoilt, but Vivek came just in time to save it from any further damage. He added Biriyani Masala to Aloo and it was rather tasty. I am now inspired, thanks to Vivek, to try my hand at experimentation at cooking. Then, Vivek added tadka to the toor dal I was making which made it tastier. We both watched the cricket match after that and in the evening decided to head to Indijoe during happy hours. I came back home by 10 in the night and had a really nice nap. Early morning at 8 AM I heard the doorbell ring but wasn't excited as I knew Deepthi's flight would reach by 8 30 AM only. So thinking it would be the baai outside, I opened the door and to my surprise Deepthi was here - she had lied to me so that she could surprise me. Neways, meeting her after 4 days did cheer me up and here I am all charged up for the week.

No comments: