Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Five Point Some Potter...

Hi,

I had watched the play 'Five Point Someone' staged by the group EVAM in Chowdiah Memorial Hall last Saturday. It was a nice adaptation and there were some nice creative techniques used in the play to make the stage look like a classroom the Insti roof and also the hostel room of the 3 main characters. They have a website where you can book tickets for any of their forthcoming plays http://www.evam.in/

Neways, I have been reading 'The Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'. Yeah don't blame me but I had always thought that Harry Potter was meant for kids and never got the interest to read it. Now, I have given in to the hype created by the release of the 7th book in the series and am aiming to get to the 7th book in a month or 2. I have almost finished the first one. Though I have watched the movie, I find the book a very book read. JK Rowling is an amazing writer. The simple language she uses makes it a very light read and to her imagination, all I can say is 'hats off'. Will compare the different books in the Harry Potter series in the coming posts. So keep visiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi srini ,

evam is bringing a new play to bangalore! and we would like you to do a BLOGpreview for the same. Can you please send us your e mail id/contact details so that we can get in touch with you.

sunill
for evam
9381047850
mailevam@gmail.com