Monday, July 23, 2007

Acting Classes

Hi,

Yes, I have joined acting classes. There is this group called MiSF!T owned by this theatre actor cum director Ratan Thakore Grant which holds acting workshops for beginners. MisF!T stands for 'My Interest Stys Firmly In Theatre'. Quite an innovative acronym. Ratan is a very nice individual with absolutely great brains and also a very energetic personality. The kind of energy he puts into the classes will make you want to perform your best whenever he asks you to enact something out. Also, the theory he teaches is so very logical and makes great sense. Kallu, Chauhan and all have already started making fun of me, but theek hai, I am doing what I enjoy.

There were 2 exercises Ratan had made us do which have really made me less nervous than I was before (not just on stage but also in the real life). In one of the initial classes he would ask everyone in the class to give every other person in the class a Page 3 kiss (you basically do not touch the cheek of the other person but just act as though you have given a kiss). Initially you blush to do this, but after doing it, most of your inhibitions are gone. Last week he has made us blindfold a partner and make the partner walk on the road. When I was blindfolded and taken out by my partner, all my senses got heightened and I really started observing things better. One of my old friends had recognised me and asked me if something happened to my eyes. I laughed and told him nothing happened. Neways, after you go through a lot of raodside guys and vehicle riders staring at you in sympathy and curiosity, you lose your inhibitions and nervousness. Also since your eyes are closed, you start observing with the remaining senses and realise how much confusion eyes really add to your mind...

No comments: