Monday, August 06, 2007

Nostalgia - Yeh hai meri kahaani...

Hi,

You must be aware of the movie - 'Zinda' in which the hero Sanju baba sings this song 'Yeh hai meri kahaani' during his stay in the tight-walled jail for 14 years for no obvious reason. Same is my state now. When I had come to Bangalore I had chosen to become the flat mate of Kallu mama, as I saw nothing wrong in that decision. Now I will describe my weekly routine as a flatmate of this die hard Sanju baba's fan:

yeh hai meri kahaani
khamosh zindgaani
sannaata keh raha hai
kyun zulm seh raha hai...

The monday starts with the same song yet again. I get the feeling that I have been destined to hear this song at least some crore times, before knocking on the doors of heaven or hell.

ek dastaan puraani
tanhai ki zubani
har zakhm khil raha hai
kuch mujhse keh raha hai...

It is Tuesday.. or is it? It looks like Monday yet again.. sorry sorry.. looks like nahin.. sounds like Monday..

chubtay kaantay yaadon ke
daaman se chunta hoon
girti deewaaron ke
aanchal main zinda hoon

Wednesday.. had a tough day at work.. Came home to relax.. and yeah sweet song.. let it be the same song.. I don't care.. I don't know if this is a punishment and if it is, I probably deserve it.. like Sanju baba thinks in the movie..

bus yeh meri kahaani
be nishan nishaani
aik dar beh raha hai
kuch mujh se keh raha hai

Thursday has been a good day at work.. The client seemed to be impressed by my work.. wow days have changed, now I find work interesting once in a while.. but has the time really changed.. nope nope..

chubtay kaantay yaadon ke
daaman se chunta hoon
girti deewaron ke
aanchal main zinda hoon

Friday.. the weekend is approaching.. am enthusiastic about finishing off my pending work at office so that I can remain free over the weekend.. mission accomplished, lemme go back home to see if things have changed...

Ab na koi paas hai
phir bhi ehsaas hai
sihaaiyon main uljhi pari
jeenay ki aik aas hai

Well.. the weekend has approached. Well, now that I know this particular aspect cannot be changed in my life, lemme as well start enjoying it... woww.. what a song...

yaadon ka jangul yeh dil
kaanton se jalthal yeh dil

Sunday.. where is the song.. Kallu mama.. wake up and turn the bloody song on.. Lemme hear it.. hear it again and again.. the way Sanju baba gets addicted to fried wantons.. but all said and done.. this is definitely a very good song.. hats off to Strings... am your fan..

chubtay kaantay yaadon ke
daaman se chunta hoon
girti deewaron ke
aanchal main zinda hoon

Yeh hai meri kahaani...........................

No comments: