Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Nostalgia - My siver jubilee b'day

30th of May, 2006 (It was my birthday btw) - at 12 late night, my friend Massi gives me a call to wish me Happy B'day and then says, "The weather is beautiful tonight. Why don't you open your door and come outside". The Sherlock Holmes in me started deducing something out of this and I realised that this guy might be waiting outside to wish me happy b'day. My guess turned out to be true and Massi and Nelson were waiting outside my door with a b'day cake and a gift wrapped up nicely. I was happy but was surprised bcos none of my friends ever treated me this way. I cut the cake and started opening the gift. I saw a nice grey bag and asked him how he knew I wanted to buy a bag. Then there was a nice shirt inside absolutely of my liking. Then, I saw a Temptations chocolate. I felt there was something fishy. I looked at him and he asked me to open and read the card. I read the card and was totally amazed when I found that it was signed...

Deepthi

She had asked her colleague visiting Bangalore to pass on the gift to Massi who would drop in at my home by 12 to surprise me... It was truly the happiest birthday I ever had...

No comments: