Friday, March 21, 2008

Anger

They hit me, they kicked me
they stripped me, they humiliated me
the rage inside me was seething
as I kept breathing
the anger, the suppressed repressed emotion
aiming to burn them to ashes
it burnt my feelings
my feelings of affection and love
to my fellow beings
the respect I show
the joy I experience
when I feel at home
with people
kith and kin
my brethren
was burning
hatred crept in
it throve on the fire
burnt them-the feelings I attach to them
in me, within me
it burnt my insides
it burnt me
in the past I lived
hating them-the feelings I attach to them
as moments passed
when I realised
I realised my love for them
despite their cruelty
the innocent cruelty
the babies in them
that hit me, kicked me
stripped me
the babies that found joy
in the silliness of it all
the baby in me
that burnt them-the feelings I attach to them
within me
the feelings so sacred, so divine
the memory of the feelings remained
the feelings remained
deep within my soul
feelings that say
I love them the innocent ones

No comments: