Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Attempt

Hi,

I just read this article and thought I should write something. Below is an attempt:


Lost in the pace of life
mourning over someone else's gain
jealous to the core
wearing the mask of competitiveness
I kill the world
unaware of the harm I do
the cars I buy
the hours I ride


I lost my love for the air
the air that lets me live
I pollute it
and throw the blame
on to the government
that runs politics politically
onto the corporate
that runs its business
what am I doing?
dying a martyr's death?
or living a coward's life?
where lies the solution?
At the policy level?
Or at the grass roots level?


the solution lies with us
with each one of us
live we should our ideals
at least a few of them
and spread the word
to those who listen
world is not dead
until there is love
and care and compassion
until there are people
who die to let others live
people who spread cheer
who spread the message
that believes in the belief
that life lies beyond the lies we live

No comments: