Friday, March 05, 2004

Continuing...

Hi,

In management, they say, the strategy of a firm should emerge. The management should only provide an umbrella. Similarly, I feel the theme for my blogs should emerge on its own. So without restricting myself to the theme I was following, lemme try new things. After two blogs on cats, I started thinking about cats and came across a very interesting trivia that a cat spends 30% of its life grooming itself. Well, I have some friends who do better than that. That was mainly because of the water problem at Chennai. Some of them spent their summers at Chennai and had to end up with some 20 baths in 55 days. One of my friends even kept a count. He says he had got enough time for self-introspection at that time, but doesn't understand how. I explained to him that his friends left him to self-introspect because they thought they have better things to smell. We used to have many monkeys running around our hostels that time. One of my senoirs would say a monkey would never ransack my room. His logic is a monkey comes to my room, looks at things, thinks it is already ransacked and leaves. One day I told him a monkey has ransacked my room. He apprieciated my observation because I could distinguish between the current mess and the earlier mess. Talking about monkeys, if a cat spends 30% time of its life grooming itself, I guess a monkey spends that much time grooming other monkeys. Grooming is a substitute for taking bath. I feel the soap-sellers should realise this before some smart guy like me comes up with a clean all product that would scratch you and can be used as a substitute for soaps.

No comments: