Saturday, February 28, 2004

Marketing Research applied

Hi,

Today afternoon I was in the bathroom and I suddenly got an idea. When I was in Hyderabad, I found that I can suddenly find a place to pee anywhere in the city. They call them Sulabh complexes. I found that I can actually apply marketing research fundas to make Sulabh complex a better place to pee. We can do a customer segmentation to find out who finds it convenient and who finds it demeaning to be asked to use them. And another management problem "How many rooms for ladies and how many for gents" can also be tackled by this customer segmentation. Actually I have prepared a questionnaire...

Answer in Yes or No ( dichotomous questions ;-) )
1. I find it demeaning myself to use Sulabh complex.
2. I find it very uncomfortable to look at a guy peeing next to me and grinning at me.
3. I don't mind leaving without flushing.
4. Momma says, "Don't leave the taps open"
5. I want a closed room to do this unmentionable thing.
6. I wait outside ladies room searching for the love of my life.
7. I like listening to music wherever I am.

OK, do take time to fill up my questionnaire..I have some work now. See you tomorrow, same place.

No comments: